Founded in 1920 as a small repair company, we have grown alongside our customers to become Germany's leading manufacturer of core expansion elements. The extensive product range for which Neuenhauser Vorwald is now renowned worldwide arose through many years of innovative development work. With the clear objective of always offering our customers the best solutions, we supply the appropriate expansion elements for all applications and provide reliable service. We will continue to meet changing requirements with passion and new ideas in the future. We will continue our successful course with and for our customers.
Vorwald pneumatic expansion shafts can be used in nearly all applications. Different models, light models, heavy duty models and special forms, with individual expansion ledges and diameter up to 500mm are available. The simple and well designed construction ensures a long service life. All expansion shafts described above are available on customer request in special versions and as expansion shafts with bearing on only one side.
- Simple construction according to the modular design principle
- Dirt accumulation is minimised
- High rotation speeds are possible
- Very short repair times
- Numerous variants
- Available shaft diameters up to 500 mm
- With individual expansion ledges
- Heavy reel weights and large torques possible
These safety chucks provide security during rewinding and unwinding operations. The locking device can only be opened, in order to take out the shaft when it is stationary at the top. Insertion is very easy via the oblique standing hand wheel. For simple applications these safety chucks constitute an extremely economical solution as bearings for expansion shafts. For more exacting requirements and higher rotation speeds the safety chucks can be delivered with replaceable VT-inserts. We are pleased to offer the optimum safety chucks/ expansion shaft combination for your particular application.
Features and advantages
- Safety chucks, self-closing when rotation starts
- Grooved ball bearings for robust supporting
- Foot mounted or flange mounted, with or without shaft end
- Numerous forms of journal take-up available
- Closing mechanism (hand wheel) rotates
- Attractive price/performance ratio
- Optionally with replaceable VT-insert
- Optionally with special fittings such as brake, transverse and longitudinal adjustment facility
- No interfacing problems, by purchasing safety chucks and expansion shafts from the same supplier
The Vorwald mechanical expansion shafts are available with individual expansion lugs that may be used in all applications. The simple construction ensures long service life. Mechanical expansion shafts with expansion lugs, leafs and centring ledges are available for cores with internal diameters in the range from 50 to 600 mm.
Features and advantages
- Very high weight bearing capability for heavy reels
- Absolutely concentric clamping, thus very high web speeds possible
- High torque transmission
- Simple handling
- Very little maintenance required
- Models available with air actuation